Sip and savor the tropical flavors of this refreshing Tequila Smash, with the sweet notes of pineapple complemented by the zing of lime and the hint of mint. It's a perfect summer cocktail to enjoy on a sunny day or to serve at gatherings and parties. Cheers to summer!
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 1 ounce of fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce of simple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 slices of fresh pineapple
- Club soda (to top off)
- Ice cubes
- Pineapple wedges and mint sprigs (for garnish)
- Muddle the mint and pineapple: In a cocktail shaker or a sturdy glass, add the fresh mint leaves and pineapple slices. Use a muddler or the back of a spoon to gently muddle and release the flavors of the mint and pineapple.
- Add tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup: Pour 2 ounces of tequila, 1 ounce of fresh lime juice, and 1 ounce of simple syrup into the cocktail shaker or glass with the muddled ingredients.
- Shake or stir: If using a cocktail shaker, fill it with ice and shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to combine all the flavors. If using a glass, stir the ingredients with a spoon until well mixed.
- Strain into a glass: Fill a glass with ice cubes and strain the mixture from the shaker into the glass. This will remove any solid particles from the muddled mint and pineapple.
- Top off with club soda: Pour club soda into the glass to top it off, adding a refreshing fizz to the drink. Adjust the amount based on your preference for a stronger or milder flavor.
- Garnish and serve: Add a couple of pineapple wedges and a sprig of mint to the glass for a beautiful presentation. You can also add a decorative straw or an umbrella for an extra touch of summery vibes.