Elevate your winter evenings with a delicious Winter Spiced Negroni. This seasonal rendition of the classic cocktail introduces a symphony of flavors, as cinnamon and cloves infuse a delightful dance into the gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari trio. The result is a harmonious elixir that brings a touch of warmth to the chilliest nights. Unwind and embrace the spirited elegance of the Winter Spiced Negroni.
- 1 oz gin
- 1 oz sweet vermouth
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- Orange peel (for garnish)
- Ice cubes
- Prepare the Spiced Infusion:
- In a small saucepan, combine the gin, sweet vermouth, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
- Heat the mixture over low heat, allowing it to gently simmer for 5-7 minutes. This will infuse the spices into the liquit.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the spiced infusion cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, strain out the cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Build the Cocktail: Fill a mixing glass or shaker with ice cubes.
- Pour in the Spiced Infusion: Add the spiced gin and vermouth mixture to the mixing glass or shaker.
- Add Campari: Pour in the Campari.
- Stir or Shake: Stir the ingredients well if you prefer a smoother texture, or shake them if you prefer a more diluted and effervescent cocktail.
- Strain into Glass: Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish: Express the oils from a twist of orange peel over the drink by giving it a quick twist over the glass, then drop the peel into the cocktail.
- Enjoy: Sip and savor the Winter Spiced Negroni, relishing in the warmth of the spiced infusion and the classic bitterness of the Campari. It's a perfect companion for chilly winter evenings.